JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Should I be worried about my Note 20 Ultra after dropping it into the ocean?

(Topic created: 06-15-2021 01:56 PM)
SuperControler
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I recently dropped my note 20 ultra into the ocean, but was able to get it back a few hours later. It seems to still be in perfect condition but should I be worried about anything that would cause a reduced lifespan or any less apperant problems.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

@SuperControler I am happy to hear your phone survived and is in good working condition! Here is a little more information regarding the dust and water-resistant rating for your phone and some things you can do if the phone gets wet in the future.

I also suggest taking @LongHiker  advice and backing up the phone periodically to ensure there is no data loss.

Back up and restore data on your Galaxy device

Your Galaxy phone's dust and water resistance rating (IP rating)

Moisture in water- resistant Samsung phone or tablet's charging port

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
David99
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Luckily these new models are becoming more and more water resistant and I would even consider them waterproof due to their make, durability and overall compactness. Your phone should be fine. However, what you can do to be on a safe side is transfer or back up your data. Lifespan of your phone shouldn't be reduced, and neither should be your battery(this is going to depend entirely on the condition you are keeping the phone after dropping it in the ocean. Check both speakers and make sure there is no water inside that could damage other parts. Put it into a bowl full of dry rice multiple times a day on 20-minute intervals. After all, good luck!
SuperControler
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thanks for the advice! I was mostly worried since I'm pretty sure it isn't rated for salt water.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@SuperControler 

I wouldn't worry about it. What's done is done and you can't undo the fact that it was in the ocean. I would back it up and ensure that it is backed up periodically. Then I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy the device.  

SuperControler
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thanks for the advice!
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

@SuperControler I am happy to hear your phone survived and is in good working condition! Here is a little more information regarding the dust and water-resistant rating for your phone and some things you can do if the phone gets wet in the future.

I also suggest taking @LongHiker  advice and backing up the phone periodically to ensure there is no data loss.

Back up and restore data on your Galaxy device

Your Galaxy phone's dust and water resistance rating (IP rating)

Moisture in water- resistant Samsung phone or tablet's charging port

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.