Original topic:

Edge lighting bug

(Topic created: 05-13-2021 03:29 PM)
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Note20

Samsung Techs. There is a bug in bubble and edge lighting settings. Currently I have my phone to show Brief notification as bubbles and Edge lighting. So when I get a text the sound and edge lighting goes off.

However, when I get an update to one of my many apps, "none in particular," the feature shuts off Edge lighting. I've just figured out that if I toggle, "Even with screen off," off than back on it will start working again .

Would appreciate a fix for for this in the next update if possible. TIA

BTW: I love the bubbles and Edge Lighting, Great work!!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Blue7
Sun
Options
Note20

for which app? 

submit an error report via samsung members app

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have tagged the post so that the appropriate team will be able to review the issue. It is also helpful to submit an error report through the Members app as suggested by @Blue7.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Blue7
Sun
Options
Note20

i don't think bubble notification will have edge lighting feature. edge lighting will work when the screen is off (with "Show even while screen is off" enabled) because bubble noti will not show on lock screen when the screen is turned off so it will use the brief noti instead with edge lighting. 

0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Note20

I just want the edge lighting to work again. Would also be nice if it repeated until the notification is answered!

0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Note20

OK, got it working again by toggling "Show even while screen is off"  to off than on again. I posted a bug report on the Samsung Members app.

I have an app that will show an indication on the phone when the screen is off when I get a message or any other notification. works like the old note 8 LED.