1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is to receive a notification to update and not be able to. These steps should help:

1. SET CORRECT DATE AND TIME

Open Settings on your phone and go to General Management.

Tap on Date & time. On the next screen, enable Automatic date & time. If it’s already enabled, turn it off and then re-enable it.

2. CLEAR CACHE AND DATA

This is also a well known method to fix the update issue. All you need to do is a clear the cache for Play Services and Play Store. If the problem continues, then try clearing data for them as well.

Rest assured, clearing cache or data will not remove apps or delete data from your phone. However, clearing Play Store data will reset its settings to default.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

3. ENABLE PLAY SERVICES

It is possible that you, or someone else using your device, might have accidentally disabled Google Play Services while playing around with settings. If that’s the case, then Play Services won’t update. To fix it, you need to enable Play Services.

For that, follow step 1 and 2 of Clearing cache solution mentioned above. Then under Play Services, tap on Enable. Only if it’s disabled, you will see the Enable option; otherwise, you will see Disable. Once enabled, restart your phone or tablet, and Play Services will update automatically in the background. So, wait for some time and then try using the problematic app.

4. DISABLE PLAY SERVICES

As Play Services is a system app, you cannot uninstall it. That is where disabling it comes into the picture.

To disable it, follow step 1 and 2 of the Clear cache method i.e., go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services. Here tap on Disable.

5. RESET APP PREFERENCES

Many times resetting app preferences also helps in fixing the Play Services update issue. To do so, go to phone Settings > General Management > Reset options. Tap on Reset app preferences.

6. UNINSTALL UPDATES

To uninstall Play Services updates, go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services. Tap on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner and select Uninstall updates.

7. UPDATE GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES

If you search for Google Play Services on Play Store, rarely, you will see the app. However, open it through the link, and you are taken to its page. Tap on Update (if available).

If these steps do not allow Google Play to update, and you are still receiving an update notification, we recommend submitting an error report through the Members app after duplicating the concern, and reaching out to Google directly regarding their app.

View solution in context

50 Replies
Tosmart4U
Star
Options
Same here
0 Likes
RichardBernardHolden
Constellation
Options
I'm also having that issue as well
0 Likes
cubano01
Astronaut
Options
Porqué mi S21 galaxy no instala la última actualización de diciembre cada ves que lo actualizo me da error al 25 %de instalación y después de reiniciar me dice error de actualización de firware visite un centro de samsung y ya vieron el problema y no saben cual es la situación porque aparentemente el telefono esta funcionando correctamente...Nesecito opciones.Que hago ?
0 Likes
unaccompaniedChaos
Constellation
Options
If you look this issue has already been posted. Many other people are experiencing the same thing
0 Likes
user3NEiKoqpFH
Astronaut
Options
I have a s22 ultra and have a update suggestion and when I check for updates, it says my phone is up to date. How do I get rid of the suggestion? My phone does have android 13 on it 
0 Likes
Puti
Comet
Options
It's probably suggesting you to update the Google play store
0 Likes
user3NEiKoqpFH
Astronaut
Options
Google play system
0 Likes
Puti
Comet
Options
So it is to update the Google play store. Did you get it resolved?
0 Likes
howard22
Astronaut
Options
Could be a security update
0 Likes