JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Error Checking for Updates

(Topic created: 12-21-2020 07:47 AM)
BLUVSBJY
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I have 3 Galaxy phones that I'm unable to update Play Store apps.  I have the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (One Ui 3.0), S 20 Ultra (One UI 3.0) and Note 10 Plus (One UI 2.1) all which provide the same error message: "Error Checking for Updates"  I've completed complete resets for each and still receive the message.  I've tried deleting cache, deleting my Google account, updating Play Store and every other online course of action possible.  Please assist.  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BLUVSBJY
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Ok, through HOURS of trial and error I've fixed the "Error Checking for Updates" problem on my phones.  First, I opened up the Play Store and clicked in My Apps and Games.  Then I move over to the Installed tab and clicked in the Reviews tab.  The time consuming part of the fix was clicking through all 317 apps that I have installed on my phones and Manually Updating each App.  After completing this task, I click the Updates tab and Refreshed for updates several times and voila "Updates and Apps Populated the Screen"  It's Fixed....  I've done this to two of the three phones and I will complete the last phone some-time this week.  Thanks to all who attempted to assist!

View solution in context

11 Replies
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Note20
three different devices, all same error...seems like an account problem. you sure you have the right Google account and password?
0 Likes
BLUVSBJY
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Yes, I've even created another contact and got the same error with the new account.
0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Note20
have you wiped dalvik cache? may be carrying old information
0 Likes
BLUVSBJY
Asteroid
Options
Note20
trying now
0 Likes
BLUVSBJY
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Tried it on my S20 Ultra... Still the same error. This is 3 phones, 1 with a different OS version, all presenting the same error on two different Google logins...
0 Likes
BLUVSBJY
Asteroid
Options
Note20
There are no apps showing up as Installed under "My apps & games"
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

I would try reaching out to our Samsung Accounts department for further assistance regarding your concerns. They can be reached directly at 1-855-795-0509.

0 Likes
BLUVSBJY
Asteroid
Options
Note20
thank you.
0 Likes
BLUVSBJY
Asteroid
Options
Note20
This must be an issue with my original Google Account... I created a new account, reset 1 phone and rebuilt the phone using the new Google account and restoring Apps and Settings with the Samsung Backup. Google Play is now working on this phone. However, I have multiple important synchronization with my old account, so this option is not ideal. I've requested assistance with my old account through the Google Community site. Wish me luck.
0 Likes