Original topic:

External mic compatibility

(Topic created: 06-14-2021 01:57 PM)
user3CqbBam2fs
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hi all,

I have been using  my Note20U 5G to make YouTube contents. But I have been intrigued to upgrade my production and use external mics for pro video mode to avoid the hassle of setting up entire audio recording gigs to support the video.

There has been a few issues with external mics and I'd leave my question here.

1. I am planning to use Saramonic Blink 500 USB-C Rx with the note20. Has anyone been using this and if they have compatibility/performance issue with the Saramonic Rx.?

2. While saving up for the Saramonic, I bought a bunch of cheaper mics but failed to have the Note20 recognize them as USB mics in pro video mode. The only successful setup being the genuine USB-C converter directly connected to a Boya mini shotgun via a really short cable.

Failed setups include

USBC converter -> TRRS/TRS converter -> TRS extension cable-> Shotgun mic

USBC converter -> TRRS lavalier mic (Boya with 6M cable)

It seems that the mics are not receiving enough power to run properly.

Since I need cable length to setup for ASMR recordings. Is there any viable workaround to this...before actually purchasing the Saramonic?

I have a few solutions in mind which involves buying more equipment. But let's hear from you guys first.

1 Reply
ElWormo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I use a cheap, wired, lavalier mic, my Note20 Ultra tells me that the mic I've plugged in is not supported, but, works just fine. I would love to be able to add an additional usb-c port via a multi-port adapter, but, I can't get confirmation that this possible.
0 Likes