Original topic:

Eye Comfort Shield Not Working

(Topic created on: 3/9/21 5:48 AM)
userOeepuXoLsB
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I am having several issues with the new Eye Comfort Shield in One UI 3.1 on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

First, the new "Adaptive" setting is not working at all. No matter what time of day it is, the screen does not change. Even at night, the blue light is still strong and there is no warmth added to the screen.

So for the time being, I have it set to the custom "sunset to sunrise" setting. But this has an issue too. Ever since the Android 11 update, I've had to manually turn it off each morning. It turns on properly at sunset. It seems that the specific issue is that it will turn on the Blue Light Filter if I boot up my phone after sunrise. I have it set to sunset to sunrise so if I turn my phone on at 9 AM, it should be disabled. It works fine at turning on at sunset. But it is annoying to have to manually disable the blue light filter each morning when it should be off because the sun has already risen. If I turn on my phone at 5am and sunrise is at 6am, it does properly turn off at that time.

Please fix these issues soon.

9 Replies
Options
Note20

have you tried to slide the color temperature? as far as the ECS not disabling at 9 AM even with the custom schedule.. i would have to test that out lol you should maybe report the issue on samsung members app

0 Likes
userOeepuXoLsB
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I have the color temp set pretty high and it works properly on the sunset to sunrise setting. But the adaptive setting does literally nothing.

0 Likes
gabe80million
Galaxy
Options
Note20
My Note 20 Ultra is the same way with the "adaptive" issue. It literally doesn't work whatsoever.
0 Likes
userOeepuXoLsB
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that I'm not alone. I wonder why some of us have this issue and not all Note 20 Ultra users?

gabe80million
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I'm not sure, either, but I wish they'd fix it because I'd greatly appreciate it. Honestly it seems like their "AI" doesn't like working with some stuff lol
0 Likes
userOeepuXoLsB
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I installed the latest March security update and this issue still continues to persist. Samsung, please address this problem!

0 Likes
userOeepuXoLsB
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Any updates on this issue?
0 Likes
useravSbddmIwV
Astronaut
Options
Note20

This feature hasn't worked since I bought my Samsung s20plus last year. Worked perfectly on my Samsung s10

userTtrLW4u9Bo
Constellation
Options
Note20
I've also had the same issue since the March patch on my Note 20 ultra. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?