cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

FIX--for slow data issues, Samsung Note 20 Ultra (at&t version) on Elite plan--FIX

Create a new APN and select it. Your phone will show 5Ge instead of 5G.  Samsung needs to release an update to allow users to either select between 5G and 5Ge (aka LTE) and/or not try 5G when there is no 5G cell tower in the area.

ATT Broadband
Broadband
Not set
Not set
Not set
Not set
Not set
Not set
Not set
Not set
None
default,mms,supl,hipri,fota

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: FIX--for slow data issues, Samsung Note 20 Ultra (at&t version) on Elite plan--FIX

I've been having data issues with my note 20 ultra too it works for a bit then all of a sudden the data drops for like 15-20 seconds then goes back, even with full bars. I too have at&t I thought it was only me lol. I had them edit my network stuff and change out the sim card... still having some issues now and then.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: FIX--for slow data issues, Samsung Note 20 Ultra (at&t version) on Elite plan--FIX

This seems to be an ATT issue, if nothing else. Everyone who's had this problem has their line through ATT.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue. Also with ATT. There has to be a fix to this. I can't even listen to music without it constantly skipping. Its infuriating. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: FIX--for slow data issues, Samsung Note 20 Ultra (at&t version) on Elite p..

I know I don't have AT&T for my carrier, I have Verizon but I bought the phone unlocked... but is there a way to change the data icon to show what type of Data I'm getting... currently it just says LTE or LTE+ compared to when my pervious phone said 3G, or 4G... and ik the Note 20 can do 5G... it's not that big of a deal but it would be nice to know!
Highlighted

Re: FIX--for slow data issues, Samsung Note 20 Ultra (at&t version) on Elite p..

Mines the same. LTE or LTE +, what's the plus for? Speeds are the same approx. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

creating a new APN has seemed to decrease and im still showing a 5G icon 🤔 hmmm?
Highlighted
Astronaut

When I try to do this it doesn't save in my phone

Highlighted

After entering in the data, you need to click on the three dots in the upper left, and then click Save, otherwise it will discard the changes.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I get past the none, default but I he next question doesn't have a mms option to select