Original topic:

Face & Fingerprint (On Screen) Failed Options!

(Topic created: 10-19-2021 10:26 AM)
usery8BvUHj9UA
Constellation
Options
Note20

Samsung, I took the time to come here and post this to ask you to please wake up?

Stop doing what apple does just because. Your face recognition is pointless for us who wear glasses, and besides only young girls use there phone that way, always looking at it like a mirror.

The on screen fingerprint is so bad I had to turn it off. Please just do the correct thing, and bring back 'Note 9' fingerprint button, it was the most accurate working of all. Remove the on screen fingerprint  like a bad habit.  Thanks Samsung

and please don't stop making Note, let me tell you why, the wider screen is the way to go. Those Galaxy S-lines all are too skinny!  If you make something to cover the 'Note' Line make it with a wider screen please.  

0 Likes
4 Replies
Joe1003
Asteroid
Options
Note20
For the fingerprint issue just save the same fingerprint multiple times. I use my thumb to unlock so every slot is my thumb print. I wear glasses and the facial recognition works for me.
Mohican69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I've found that scanning multiple fingers in one scan makes it work better than just scanning one finger at a time. I scanned my index finger and my thumb as one and it works way better now.
0 Likes
Options
Note20

Seeing as how Apple does not have in screen finger print scanning, how is Samsung copying them on this?  Samsung invented in screen fingerprint scanning, BTW, so if Apple does decide to use it, then they would be copying Samsung.  Apple does not even have a fingerprint scanner any more as their 3d laser grid face scanner is what they want, I mean demand, their users use.  I Love the in screen fingerprint scanner, and DO NOT want to see it go away.  Granted  I do not use a screen protector of any kind, so mine is quite accurate. 

So your comment on "Do the right thing" is the exact wrong thing for me.

0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
You can register your face with glasses as an "alternative appearance" in the face recognition settings.
"only young girls use their (sic) phones that way" I am extremely curious as to how you use your phone if the front facing camera isn't facing you when you unlock the phone
Register two different fingerprints twice and the sensor will work fine from then on. Front facing FPS make more sense as you don't need to lift the phone to unlock it, although I will certainly acknowledge that the fps is so **bleep** small that I often miss it by a sliver, leading to misreads.
The S22U ultra leaks indicate that it is literally the Note22Ultra
0 Likes