Original topic:

Facebook messenger Crashing

(Topic created on: 2/10/21 6:14 AM)
userxUrCMynoL9
Constellation
Options
Note20

** update. I have to find a site with previous messenger apk files to download and install and had to go back to A June of 2020 version, install it and log in, then was able to update it and now it works fine πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€:female_sign:

I have a brand new Note20, within 3 months, and Facebook messenger has never worked. It opens, goes to my login info, I click on my name and it goes to logging in then straight to logging out and cycles there indefinitely. I did a screen record but can't link a video.  It's not my FB account as I can use the lite version of the app no prob. My son got a S20 at the same time I did and it works fine on his phone. I have reset the phone completely multiple times, cleared cookies, stopped app, reset settings in Facebook, everything possible. I've emailed FB developers and reported but of course no answers or help from them. Anyone else having this issue?? I use FB for work so I really need it to work.  Link to screen record. Messenger logging out 

2 Replies
LadyMarie97
Astronaut
Options
Note20
messenger is the worst for crashing also I'll realize I haven't had any messages in a while and open the app, it's like going crazy with messages coming through all at once.
0 Likes
userxUrCMynoL9
Constellation
Options
Note20

Messenger logging out Not sure if the link will work but here is what it does. Every time .... Super frustrating. It has never opened up.. I have gone into app settings to force allow everything and it still won't work. 

0 Likes