Original topic:

Fingerprint Issue

(Topic created: 06-13-2021 08:52 AM)
MistaWonderful
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Has anyone else experienced issues with unlocking their device with their fingerprint? I get either "press harder" or it's not reading it at all. Anyone have any tips to make it more seamless to use?
9 Replies
ElWormo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Make sure your hands are clean, food, or, oil from your fingers can fill in grooves in your prints.
MistaWonderful
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Appreciate it
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Note20
I had a problem with fingerprint reader so I switched to using a pattern rather than try to remember the password
0 Likes
MistaWonderful
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
thanks
0 Likes
Iolite
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I had the same issue and it was my screen protector. I changed it and it worked well.
MistaWonderful
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
maybe I need to try that...thanks.
0 Likes
Blue7
Sun
Options
Note20

also, enable touch sensitivity under display settings or you can delete the current prints and add new ones again 

i'd submit an error report via samsung members app if it keeps failing (members app > + button > error report) 

MistaWonderful
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
good info...thanks.
0 Likes
JeffO30720
Asteroid
Options
Note20
The on screen fingerprint reader is a flawed gimmick. I'm still trying to get a straight answer out of Samsung as to what they are going to do to fix it. All I was getting was canned responses and they kept trying to mark it answered but all they were telling me was one of the myriad of things I have tried to resolve it. There's a problem with the system and they don't want to address it because it works half the time if you are lucky. The on on the back of my Note 9 worked 99.9% of the time; on my Note 20 Ultra, I am lucky if it works 60% of the time. Fingers can't be too dry, can't be too moist, if I press any harder I will break the phone deleted and re-scanned my prints at least a dozen times. It's a gimmick they wanted to bout on the phone before it was ready. Very, very frustrating and slowly eroding the confidence I had in Samsung. I wonder if this is eventually going to turn into another Note 7 situation where there is no fix for what is on the market and we have paid a small fortune for a device that has flaws.
0 Likes