cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Fingerprint Reader Awful

The fingerprint reader on the note 20 ultra is by far the worst experience I've ever had. It's almost unusable. I thought it would get better over time. Wrong. I've switched the fingerprints a few times trying a ton of different combos. Nothing makes it usable. Not a question. Not a discussion. Just a straight up complaint. 
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Fingerprint Reader Awful

If you have a screen protector on your device, it may be blocking the sensor from reading your fingerprint.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I don't.
Highlighted

Re: Re: Fingerprint Reader Awful

how did it respond when you registered your prints?
Highlighted
Comet

no problems here
Highlighted
Astronaut

I have a screen protector and it reads it every single time no issues
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have a thick glass screen protector and I find no issues....my only suggestion would be removing all fingerprints and redoing them...then add multiple scans of the same finger and sometimes that can do the trick. I'm sorry you're having fingerprint issues but a good trick is to always have face recognition as a secondary if all else fails...
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Fingerprint Reader Awful

yes. I have both. it's just frustrating. have redone the fingerprint multiple times. thanks for the feedback
Highlighted
Halo

@Pabongka. I had the same issue. I found that I had to delete and redo them but when I did the prints a second time I made sure to role my finger print around to get a better print. I also noticed that it does take a second holding on the scanner and using the correct pressure for it to read. I also did to scans of each thumb. That seemed to help as well. Once you get use to it it will actually get better. I hope this helps! I always loved the iPhone finger print scanner but hated the button taking up so much screen. With the Note I get the scanner and full screen. I will say after I got use to the scanner on the Note 20 Ultra I really like it.
Highlighted
Constellation

Try increasing the screens sensitivity if you're using a screen protector.