cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Fingerprint scanner not working on Note 20 Ultra

I received my Note 20 Ultra a few days ago and after some considerable effort, I registered three fingers. While it's been a bit hit or miss on recognizing my fingers, it stopped working completely today. The only change is the addition of a good quality glass screen protector that has a large circle cutout for the fingerprint scanner. I deleted one of the fingerprints and tried to add it again but no success. Please help -- I'm really missing my Note 9 with the scanner on the back that worked without issues

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Fingerprint scanner not working on Note 20 Ultra

Did you call tech support?
Highlighted
Constellation

Yes still waiting for the callback two hours later
Highlighted
Asteroid

Your screen protector is the most likely culprit. Does the screen protector just have glue around the edges?
Highlighted
Comet

the screen protector is the culprit there is only one type of screen protector that works with the fingerprint scanner and not are the Loca gel type screen protectors such as Whitestone Dome glass all of the other screen protectors blocks of functionality of what the fingerprint scanner does which sends vibration to your finger and then back to check for authenticity the only other screen protectors that do work we'll have a small hole or what appears to be a sinner hole around the fingerprint scanner which allows those extra vibrations through but they do not look very pleasant
Highlighted
Comet

you will find that this is an issue all over the place which is why certain screen protectors will mention on the box that it works with the fingerprint scanner other companies won't tell you so that they can still get your money or because not everybody uses the fingerprint scanner so they wouldn't be bothered by it as a lot of people still like facial recognition
Highlighted
Comet

the Loca gel screen protectors work differently and all of them work with the fingerprint scanner I do not use Whitestone Dome glass but I do use a similar company and the fingerprint scanner works flawless every time
Highlighted
Comet

also whenever applying an aftermarket screen protector it is always recommended that you go into your settings and enable the touch sensitivity option
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Fingerprint scanner not working on Note 20 Ultra

Thanks for your comments. So are you saying that the Loca gel screen protector does work with the Ultra fingerprint scanner?
Highlighted
Comet

yes. loca gel ones DO work. I use them all the time. and like I said, mine ISNT a whitestone glass, but is the same thing just a different company. everyone I have used has worked flawlessly even without the touch sensitivity enabled so you should always enable the touch sensitivity when you have a screen protector on