JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Free headphones not received after purchase of Note20

(Topic created on: 1/10/21 8:58 PM)
MLMasked
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Samsung tech and customer support has been giving me the run around for over a month. And have been a loyal Samsung TV and phone customer for over 15 years. On November  30th they politely acknowledged that yes I am eligible for free earbuds for my new Samsung Note 20, and since then keep giving me fake ticket numbers to reference, each saying will arrive in 3 business days. And this is after they escalated it. They switch me back and forth from tech dept to customer support. Is a disgrace, makes me reconsider doing what the rest of my family has - switching to an iphone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Thank you for your interest in Samsung wired headphones, at this time Samsung is no longer offering free of charge or in the box wired headphones. Based on studies conducted in the US market, Consumers are opting to use blue tooth and wireless headphones that match their own preferences and the usage of wired headphones have steadily declined. However, We do offer wired headphones that can be purchased on our website: https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/samsung-type-c-headphones-black-eo-ic100...

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
Options
Note20

was it a last second pop up check eligibility type thing you were promted to do so while you were already in your shopping sites cart, and in the check out stage?

Options
Note20

Samsung has discontinued giving out the free headphones.  I doubt they told you that they would overnight the headphones to you (3 days = overnight BTW, day 1 order, day 2 ship, day 3 arrive), as that would come at quite a cost to them.  Mine (ordered in August) were supposed to arrive in 3 weeks, but came a little quicker.  Good luck switching to Apple due to not receiving headphones, as Apple products do not come with these, or even a charging brick, anymore.  

Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Thank you for your interest in Samsung wired headphones, at this time Samsung is no longer offering free of charge or in the box wired headphones. Based on studies conducted in the US market, Consumers are opting to use blue tooth and wireless headphones that match their own preferences and the usage of wired headphones have steadily declined. However, We do offer wired headphones that can be purchased on our website: https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/samsung-type-c-headphones-black-eo-ic100...

View solution in context

0 Likes
userQpDcEhEUUX
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hello internet friends! So I was told before I purchased 2 z folds 2 that if I did not have a pair of headphones that samsung would send a pair for free. Samsung stated they no longer include them in the box because most customers do not use (this was acknowledged by 1 of the samsung care people i talked to) but also what was said is that if you do not have a pair that samsung will ship a pair for free. To contact and show proof of purchase. (Customer care did not acknowledge this part) I have screenshots of this and anytime i asked to send it they switched me to someone else pretty much.. I have recently talked to 4 people over at samsung with no help what so ever. I am hoping someone knows how to get a hold of samsung corporate? Oh and when asked this they responded that they did not have the #! I am looking to talk to someone with authority. Phone calls are recorded and therefore can have their proof of what was stated to acknowledge it. At this point it isn't even about the headphones. It's about being reassured of something and then once I purchase no one wants to send me them. 

useroUiBS0hxlf
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Almost guaranteed they're pretty awful sounding anyway, made in China and very inexpensive. My favorite are the Etymotic brand, (made?) and sold from Illinois. Yes between $200-300, but I've had an ER-4S pair for 15 years and they are still amazing. As an audiophile I'd share this; they are hearing experts, and they have excellent noise-reducing plugs for about $10 too. Everyone should have a pair to protect them from losing hearing.
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
If it wasn't in writing, may as well forget someone said it. They are marketers and will say anything to get you to empty your wallet. Get yourself a good pair of headphones and not waste your time since it will not yield any good result anyway
userQpDcEhEUUX
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hey guys! Wanted to share an update! Okay.. so after talking to a handful of customer service people, being transferred who knows how many times, online chat and through email. I ended up getting a call out of the blue. I honestly thought it was an automated message but it wasn't.  He then said he was going to ship out 2 wired headphones and personally do it and make sure I receive them asap for all the trouble I been through. For anyone else who was told that can get free headphones with the z fold 2, I would def call. If not, do not bother because the "promotion" ended. 

0 Likes
MLMasked
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I appreciate your honesty, Jason. What it doesn't make up for is 2 months of run around from customer support. That was not acceptable. We have never experienced treatment like that from iphone support.
0 Likes
bobget
Astronaut
Options
Note20
my buddy tried to convert my phone from sprint to at&t. now it violated privacy of samaung which leaked my data and everything. now Im being watched and record and apparently have a supena to federal court and a search warrant.
0 Likes