Original topic:

From Samsung Messages to Google Messages

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 06:08 PM)
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
I've been doing a lot of tweaking on my phone lately. One of the biggest tweaks was witching from Samsung Messages app to the Google Messages app. Google Messages is way better to me. A lot more options. A faster UI. I also switched my keyboard from Samsung to Google, and I've really enjoyed the change in how my Note 20 Ultra 5g operates. It may not be for everyone, but try it and see how far you get with it. You'll thank me later. 
16 Replies
QueenLeo817
Constellation
Options
Note20
Thank you. I'm going to give it a try
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
Let us know how it goes!
0 Likes
Letta0307
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I like that I can react to messages with Google Messages it's smooth and has almost an iMessage feel to it
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
Definitely! I was surprised at the difference
0 Likes
QueenLeo817
Constellation
Options
Note20
So I mainly downloaded it because it showed it had the option to give reactions to messages but it's not happening. Then I read something about the other user has to have something turned on. Outside of that, no real benefit that I see
0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
Yeah they have to have a phone with the features. Contacts with the blue dot next to them
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
It's not for everyone, but I know I sure like it more
0 Likes
KingNathan126
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Can I do it with my S21 ultra?
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
Yes. Just look at your messages apps. You should already have Google messages. If not, you can always download. You just have to make it your default app. Same with Google keyboard!