cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

GORILLA GLASS

What's going on with my NEW NOTE 20 5G. ?

The screen is already feeling like it's cracked.  I cannot see any imperfections,  but I sure can feel them with my pen. I have had this AWESOME NOTE 20,  for less than 60 days and this is what I am experiencing.  SAMSUNG. to me this not an option I expect from my $1,000.00 device.  If you all don't get this fixed by way of warranty or recall.  Consider yourself,  losing a valuable customer,  that has been buying,  your FLAT SCREEN TV's, washer and dryer,  sound bar, DVD, player's. I have been buying for at least the past 5 years.  

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: GORILLA GLASS

@Mike2448 

I'ts not clear what you're describing here... your screen looks fine but the pen feels like it's catching on something? I think I know what you mean, mine does too sometimes, but it had nothing to do with the glass, it's just how the softer plastic pen tip feels, not an issue. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: GORILLA GLASS

Yes, this is a HUGE issue for me. These imperfections in the glass take away from the overall feel of my Note 20. It's not the tip as you suggested. I discovered these imperfections via the pen tip and can feel them with my finger nail. I can almost guarantee that if I decide to upgrade this device when the next one comes out, that this will hurt the trade in value. On a second thought, just how deep are these imperfections and, do they compromise my device? Moreover will they continue to crack?
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Okay, back to being confused. Are you saying there are actual cracks in your glass? The glass should be perfectly smooth, if you can feel a line with your nail, there might be a crack that's just hard to see. Also, did you take the screen protector it came with off? 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

I don't what to call it, other than imperfections. As to your other inquiry. Other than removing my Note 20 from the manufacturer's box, the Note 20 was placed into it's Otter Box "Defender Series".
Highlighted
Constellation

No, I didn't remove the wrong plastic cover.
Highlighted
Constellation

I'm thinking that because you can't see it, there's a distinct feeling here, my Note 20 passed QC inspection with flying colors.
My, thinking is will this imperfection become worse over time ?
I am very persnicative, and don't want this to get worse over the course of time.
Highlighted

Like Geno71, I am confused.  I do not understand how a screen defect can be detected by your fingernail, but does not catch light.  Maybe your screen is dirty?  Have you tried using warm soapy water on your screen? (wet the cloth then wipe the screen, don't spray water directly on the phone).  My screen is perfectly smooth and does not catch my S Pen at all, so this is strange to me for sure...  As for a screen protector, you would not have received one of these if you are a U.S. customer.