JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GPS Lost in MAPS with screen off - Medium Power Saving - App NOT OPTIMIZED

(Topic created: 10-25-2020 08:10 AM)
Options
Note20

Title pretty much says it all.

MAPS loses GPS when the screen is off. I have power setting to Medium, and MAPS is NOT optimized. 

Interestingly, MAPS does not even show up in the list of apps that 'cannot be put to sleep.' Also, the option appears to be 'on' for allow background activity, but this option cannot be toggled.

Nothing I can do seems to work to fix the problem of using Maps with the screen off.

I guess this is tied to "Background location checks" being switched off, when going into Medium power saving? 

Really wish there was a way to allow "Background location checks" with some apps, or to enable that in medium power saving... 

Any thoughts?

4 Replies
Solution
Katie1080
Astronaut
Options
Note20
its a medium power savings issue its not the app, turn it off medium power savings or turn off auto lock
Options
Note20
thanks
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@SteelersFanatic wrote:

Interestingly, MAPS does not even show up in the list of apps that 'cannot be put to sleep.' Also, the option appears to be 'on' for allow background activity, but this option cannot be toggled.

Try this:

1. Long press on the Maps application until the pop up menu appears.
  2. Click on App info
  3. Click on Battery
  4. Click on Optimize battery usage
  5. Click on the menu at the top and select "All"
  6. Find Maps and move the switch to the left. This will prevent Maps from being battery optimized. 
0 Likes
Options
Note20
verified, and already not optimized, as mentioned in OP. this isn't the issue.
0 Likes