Original topic:

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G Data Connection Not Working on T-Mobile

(Topic created on: 1/28/21 7:09 PM)
usern3enpbCC2b
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I got an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 20Ultra 5G phone for a whopping $1300 around the third week of November 2020. Initially, everything worked perfectly fine but after about 3 weeks I noticed I couldn't connect to the internet if I'm on 5G even though I have strong 5G signals (all bars). Immediately I contacted T-Mobile who did everything they had to do and even did several resets including network settings and went through the APN settings all to no avail. T-mobile said I may have to contact Samsung which I did and Samsung directed me to visit one of its Authorized Service Center.

I visited the service center who after running an IQC test said the 5G connectivity is faulty. Immediately I called Samsung and they asked that I send the phone back to them and after a few days I received a box, RESET the phone to factory setting and sent the phone back to Samsung in Texas. After about 5 working days they sent the phone back to me that they have run several tests and found no problem with the phone. 

I took delivery of the phone albeit concerned but with some glimmer of hope that the problem has been fixed but alas I was wrong. To be sure that there was no issue with T-Mobile I went to a T-Mobile store and got a 5G compliant sim card, still, I could not connect to the internet. The T-Mobile technician said he believes the issue is with the 5G reception or antennae because the phone shows 5G with full bars but no internet connectivity and this was the exact same statement I received from the Samsung Service Center.  

Out of frustration, I called Samsung again and they are asking me to send the phone back to them again the second time which I am going to do shortly.

<edit>I have suffered untold pains (emotional, personal, financial, work-related loss, etc) as a result of this defective phone and fraud by Samsung. What does it cost a multi-billion dollar company to simply replace the phone or refund the full amount paid? With $1300 I can buy the latest iPhone Promax 12 with some change left and have some peace. This is how little by little a company can self-destroy itself if it doesn't care for its customers. 

I want to believe Samsung reps are reading this. A $1300 business transaction has a considerable potential to cost your company significant monetary loss if the issue is treated with levity.  

5 Replies
Mamasarus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I have experienced every word you did in your review. Visit the Better Buisness Bureau (bbb.org) and report Samsung. They will be forced to either replace and or refund the full cost of the phone.
0 Likes
AVCapnFury
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'm having the same problem, please let us know if you get the problem fixed
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

tmb is having network issue rn.

they said it will take 6-8 hrs to fix

0 Likes
usern3enpbCC2b
Asteroid
Options
Note20

This is not a one-off incident if you read every line of my post. 5G data connectivity is not working on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G since December 2020.

0 Likes
usern3enpbCC2b
Asteroid
Options
Note20

After going back and forth (with a lot of calls from my end) with so much bureaucracy I was informed that the repair was canceled (apparently the phone was faulty) and that I will be getting a refund as they don't have the model for a replacement.

However, getting the refunds appears even more daunting than any process I have gone through up till this time. I was informed after the refund was approved, it will take between 8 and 18 business days to get refunds. Having gone through a lot of stress with this phone, it felt like this company doesn't really care for their customers. I am still waiting and checking my account and mail daily for the refund. The waiting alone is like an eternity. I guess 18 business days is almost a month of waiting.

Hoping the funds will eventually get to me so I can buy another phone. I can't believe this is happening to me seriously. I have learned a big lesson, nevertheless.

0 Likes