Original topic:

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G Upgrade

(Topic created on: 1/18/21 5:04 PM)
ttravis1985
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Anyone upgrading from Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G to Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G? If so, why?  If not, why not? 
0 Likes
12 Replies
Tank14
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'm upgrading because of the camera, the display being 1440 and 120hz, phantom black and 888 chip. also the trade in deals are good 700 to trade in the note 20 and 260 in credit. I don't like they got rid of the sd card slot I'll just put the card in my s7 tab+ and transfer my photos there.
ttravis1985
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
sounds good. I hope you enjoy the upgrade. I agree the SD card missing is :(
DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Note20
I'm not because I like the s pen being built into the phone and there's no micro sd card slot. I plan on keeping my Note 20 ultra till they release a galaxy fold with the same camera as the note 20u or s21 or ip68 rated
ttravis1985
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I plan on keeping my note 20u as well. this is actually my first note. I always had something from the galaxy s line. most recently was the s20 ultra, but the camera issues was unbearable, so I got the note 20u, which is basically the fixed version of s20u.
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Note20
This is the first year that I'm not getting an S and sticking with my Note20 Ultra.
I'm a little surprised there won't be an SD slot, that's a bummer.
I'm waiting for the Note21 or like @DominicNikon, a Fold ....with a built in S pen
ttravis1985
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I passed on the fold 2 for the note 20u. I love the idea and look of the fold, but I'm always on the move and just don't think it's practical for my life style. like working out daily, or office use, etc. I do watch a lot of video content, so I do see use there, but other than that... I thought the 6.9 in screen on note was good enough.
0 Likes
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Note20
I agree. The Note20U screen is very nice. I'm hoping with a built in S pen, the Fold would be a great sketch and photoshop tool for me.
Options
Note20
My Note 20 Ultra has proven to be a stellar device which was launched just a few months ago, so no. I don't consider the S21 Ultra as an upgrade as it is not a Note, lacks SD/expandable storage and MST as well as the most basic of accessories, a charger. The Note 21 Ultra is on the horizon and if Samsung sticks to its formula, it will build upon the S21 Ultra. But as Samsung continues its quest to become more :red_apple:-like I feel that just like the Note 9 before it, the Note 20 Ultra will be the last no holds barred, no compromises (sans the loss of the headphone jack), Note.
ttravis1985
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
well said
0 Likes