JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Visual Voicemail Will Not Work

(Topic created on: 2/19/21 11:46 AM)
useryW6bBJwxMX
Constellation
Options
Note20

Trying to set up visual voicemail and keep getting the message saying  "Either non -existent mailbox, or incorrect password"  And then only gives the option to edit password. I've never used visual voicemail before so I don't have an incorrect password.  How do I fix this??? 

7 Replies
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Visual Voicemail is usually a carrier app. Have you set up your voicemail with your carrier?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance as voicemail is a carrier feature.

View solution in context

useryW6bBJwxMX
Constellation
Options
Note20

Ok - figured it out. I haven't used a regular voicemail in years due to being an iPhone user. Turns out my old password was too short. So I went in thru old voicemail and changed my password to the one I was going to use for visual voicemail. As soon as I made my password long enough, it started working. Thanks for the help tho!! Hope this helps someone else. 

Provino
Astronaut
Options
Note20
How are you able to reset your password to get into the visual voicemail Box? Because I did the same as you and it kept saying non existant voicemail
0 Likes
Provino
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I've always been an iPhone user also so never had to set up a password but like you it's making me put in a new password but it's not allowing me to actually reset it so how are you able to get into it thank you for sharing and thank you for your time
0 Likes
LCB18
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I use AT&T on Samsung S20, same issue. Go to ATT site, search 'reset visual voicemail password', choose the # you're using from the pull down (if more than one phone is on the account). ATT will send a text with your new password. Then go back to the voicemail app icon, it will automatically dial into voicemail, where you'll hear setup instructions. No more error message!
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. This thread will be locked for further replies. In hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the Community!

0 Likes