Original topic:

Galaxy Note20 Ultra connection problems while asleep

(Topic created: 12-04-2021 06:14 AM)
Mando4
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My Galaxy Note20 Ultra seems to have connections issues when it goes to sleep mode. For some reason every time it goes into sleep mode it loses connection, either data or wifi, it looks like it's after being 2 minutes into sleep mode, my apps say that i have network issues andbi have to restart the app. Any suggestions to change this setting and keep it on all the time?

Ps. My software does not have the option, under advance on wifi, that says "wifi sleep policy"

Thanks!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Note20
From personal experience, phone will disconnect from WPA3-PERSONAL enabled routers after a period of being idle. Unless you change setting to fall back on cellular data if Wi-Fi is not stable (only worked until next time I reconnect) it will appear to stay connected to Wi-Fi yet not allowing cellular data connection. Connecting to WPA2-PERSONAL routers doesn't disconnect. Only happens on Samsung phones though. My Nokia and LG stay connected on WPA3-PERSONAL router with no issues. If your router isn't WPA3-PERSONAL enabled, try resetting JUST network settings to see if it fixes it.
0 Likes
07thking
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Check your battery settings and the sleep, deep sleep app settings. Or maybe the data saver setting?
0 Likes
07thking
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Also try going to settings > Apps > tap the 3 dots top right and check out special access. Maybe one of those settings could help.
0 Likes