Original topic:

Galaxy note 20 ultra microphone is somewhat working

(Topic created: 11-08-2021 03:07 PM)
AJB1382
Astronaut
Options
Note20
So my phones mic is just not having it, people call can't hear me and sometimes it'll pick up bits and pieces of what I'm saying, iv tried a factory reset,  safe mode, apps, and nothing will work. Iv had this device 3 weeks roughly and it's pretty inconvenient. Especially a pretty important part of a phone. Has anyone else experience this issue? If so whats the fix.
0 Likes
4 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Note20
It sounds like a hardware issue. If a factory reset didn't work, check the microphone holes for anything that could be blocking them.

If there's nothing there, file a warranty claim if you are able to.
AJB1382
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have checked the hole and it's clean. And I'm on google fi and they are sending me a replacement.
Options
Note20
Not sure if you're talking about a wired microphone or an internal microphone unfortunately internal microphones to go bad if you live in an area that has a lot of moisture in a lot of salt in the air I agree with the last commented sounds pretty much like a hardware issue I had to go and take that in for service
0 Likes
AJB1382
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Internal microphone. I just can't believe that I haven't even had a month and I'm having this issue. Maybe I just had my expectations high cause it's a 1200 dollar device.