JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I disable the auto video preview in Gallery?

(Topic created: 04-07-2021 05:35 PM)
HackZ
Astronaut
Options
Note20

For the life of me I can't figure out how to disable the auto video preview in Samsung's Gallery. I have tried to search this and I keep finding steps that say to play the video > click the 3 dots in the corner > disable preview. I don't have any option for this. Anyone figured this out, it's driving me crazy. 

16 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Connected to your signed in Samsung account your using now? Android 11 yes?... go to settings, biometrics and security, scroll down a little bit, just past find my mobile and Samsung pass to secure folder. Now whether it's turn on in quick settings, signed into your account now or even set up, I have found that it is the default device administrator account on your phone which is why sometimes you can't turn on or off this apps this or that permission or ability or why you can turn something off and it magically turns back on... whatever the setting defaults in the folder are, the phones automation checks will change things back to match settings from the folder if it finds a variance in the two settings, in/out secure folder, especially if you are the only user signed in or ever have been, both places. Almost like a work profile. No cause for concern, you'll just need to go into your secure folder and check these settings I'll tell you or snapshot them and post, first before you can go change things in your normal phone settings
0 Likes
HackZ
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I just turned on secure folder set it up and went into the folder settings, then I the the gallery settings for the app that is in the secure folder and they look the same no setting to turn off a preview type thing. I also looked at the device admin list and nothing shows Samsung or a secure folder addition. It's crazy to me that hiring off a gallery video preview is this complex.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Question... the auto playing videos in your gallery, where are the saved to in your storage? Are they 720p or lower quality videos?
0 Likes
HackZ
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Nope 1080, and everything is saved local. I don't have an SD card.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
To what file location folder like say folder videos, gallery, then downloads? And is it a hidden location system folder which is gray washed out looking and starts with a . and lower case letters instead of a capitalized Letter and file name?
0 Likes
HackZ
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Says internal storage/DCIM/Camera
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, with the new updates, there is no option to disable the video previews without hiding all of the video directories. https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-gallery-update-video-previews-cloud-features 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.