Original topic:

Gesture Bug

(Topic created on: 12/22/20 10:31 PM)
Joerassick
Astronaut
Options
Note20
After updating to Android 11, swiping from the bottom of the screen WITHOUT GESTURE HINTS to navigate is broken. Turning gesture hints on fixes it, but I'd rather not see them on my home screen. Please, please fix this. I have been using it for 2 years and I'd rather not go back to using buttons for navigation. Thanks. 
6 Replies
DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Note20
that's a known bug and its been around since one ui 3.0 beta 1
Joerassick
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I missed the beta. Hopefully it's resolved.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
How is it a known bug? I don't have any issues using it on my phone with Android 11. If you swipe and hold, does that do anything? The recents and back swipes work tho?
0 Likes
Joerassick
Astronaut
Options
Note20
No, without turning the hints on, swiping doesn't respond as quickly as it used to. When gesture hints are turned on, the gestures activate as they are supposed to. It's almost like the build of this version lowers the bounds of the swipe when hints are turned off. These are not hold and swipe gestures. They are are just swipe gestures.
0 Likes
Options
Note20

how did you use the gestures for 2 years when Android 10 came out this year? lol but uh try it in the safe mode and see.

0 Likes
Joerassick
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I was exaggerating. I had become accustomed to using gestures instead of navigation buttons.
0 Likes