cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Glitch with Google Search widget flickering

On my Note 20 Ultra, using the search widget for the most recently updated version of Google, the search results flicker while scrolling through them.

Here's a screen recording (no sound) of the flickering glitch. 

This happens with the default Samsung Galaxy theme activated, with third party Samsung Galaxy themes (downloaded through the official Galaxy Store) activated, with dark mode activated, with light mode activated, with the screen refresh rate set at 60 Hz, with the screen refresh rate set to "adaptive" up to 120 Hz, with adaptive brightness turned on, with adaptive brightness turned off, etc.

This should not be happening on a brand new, top of the line, flagship phone. What is this glitch, who is working to fix it, and how soon will that fix be sent out in another update? Please let me know.

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Glitch with Google Search widget flickering

Samething here its super annoying. Tried 60hz mode flickering is still there.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Glitch with Google Search widget flickering

It is happening in Dark mode.
Highlighted
Constellation

I've been noticing this too I hope someone is fixing this
Highlighted
Astronaut

The same thing has happened to me as of yesterday although it manifests a little differently for me and no matter what I've done I cannot fix it. I've even uninstalled the Google app from the store, tried it again, still flickers on the results, installed the newest version of the Google app, still flickers, also installed the beta version and still flickers.... the part that flickers is only some of the results and it's like the card that hold a result that flickers as you scroll past it not even the entire list of results just random results and sometimes the header at the top of the screen.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Glitch with Google Search widget flickering

ok so it's very much a larger problem with the webview app for chrome/android from my research.

I fixed this temporarily by going into the play store and searching for webview and then going to the app that's installed and then uninstalling it. this will uninstall the updates for this particular app. the update in August 25th is what broke this for a lot of Android users. after I uninstalled it, I restarted the phone and it seems to have fixed the flickering for now. found this out from reading comments on the app in the play store so hopefully Google takes notice asap (I'm sure they have). my suggestion is to leave comments in the play store in this app.

hope this works for you all!

let me know if you guys try it and it works or need help.

hopefully a moderator can pin this as a high priority or something to get attention.

tl:dr uninstall the most recent update to Google webview from the play store and restart
Highlighted
Constellation

Same exact thing for me. I'm seeing similar reports and videos on Reddit and YouTube, so this is widespread. I've tried all the settings changes mentioned above. I've tried wiping data and cache from any related apps. I've wiped the cache partition on the phone. I've tried uninstalling 3rd party apps also. No luck. It doesn't happen in the Chrome browser or Samsung browser with the same search results, only in the Google app. I will note that I tried booting into safe mode, and I cannot reproduce the flickering there, so I'm guessing there's some other bug or application that's is causing this.
Highlighted
Constellation

same thing happening to me. seems to have happened after the oneUI 2.5 update. when I scroll up and down on my Google search widget, page continues to flicker during scrolling.
Highlighted
Constellation

It is happening to me too, but not on my girlfriend's Galaxy S20+. I updated her to OneUI 2.5 a few days ago so I don't think it's the update.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It is happening to me as well, but it is on the S10. It happened today as I was just doing a google search. I am guessing this is a bug on google's end?