Original topic:

Gmail not pushing notifications?

(Topic created on: 12/30/20 9:23 AM)
Reagan98
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I contacted ATT first today and they said to contact Samsung. Samsung wants me to deliver the phone to a service center over an hour away. I just received the phone a couple weeks ago and all was good. Then last night I updated to version 11 and ui 3.0! Now Gmail will not push notifications or send an alert notification. The new update has mucked it all up!

Anyone else having this issue? I had to reset all my notification alerts too, text, calendar, camera system, etc. Very frustrated! Thank you for any help.

7 Replies
Options
Note20
working just fine for me. try factory reset. but backup first
0 Likes
Reagan98
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thank you for the suggestion. Just to be clear, you are on ATT and have Android version 11 and One UI 3.0 version?

0 Likes
Options
Note20
not ATT, I'm metro by tmobile.
yes - Android 11. one UI 3

check your APN access point names.
google it for correct settings if wrong.
or just Google for a different one for att and try that.

also, go to settings, notifications, advanced, conversions, and make sure there isn't anything affecting Gmail there.
Reagan98
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I looked those over and plan to call ATT concerning a couple discrepencies with the APN. Name is, "ATT Enhancedphone" and APN is "enhancedphone" on my Note 20 currently. The information I researched show both as "NXTGENPHONE" ? Also the MNC code shows 280 on my Note 20, while all internet searches are telling me "410". I plan to continue researching the issue and speaking with ATT. Samsung was very little help. In looking over the settings with conversations, nothing was in there on my phone.

Options
Note20
alright well I hope my suggestions helped you out. please like my posts if that's the case :), hope you get it figured. and unfortunately samsung is a great company. but very poor with customer service
0 Likes
Options
Note20

From my understanding, NXTGENPHONE is the 4G LTE APN, ATT Enhancedphone is the 5G APN.  Changing the APN is something that AT&T users have had to do to get messages working in the past.  You can have multiple ones, and switch between them, to do so, click on the Add button at the top.  My ATT Enhancedphone shows a MNC of 410, so maybe make one that mimics the existing one with only that changed.  I dont think you can have 2 of the same name, but the first field "Name" can be anything as this info is not passed to the server.  you can call it "googleygoosh" if you want, and it will still work. :)

I have a Note20 Ultra 5G on OneUI 3.0 carrier locked to AT&T, in case you want clarification.

Reagan98
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thanks to everyone  for their  input. I am still having difficulties with my Gmail.  I am unable to change or add my MNC in the APN. It stays greyed out and will not allow me to make changes? I plan to contact ATT  for assistance.. My MNC states to be 280 which I have researched  and is non operational? I believe  it should  be 410? Funny thing is, occasionally, I will receive a Gmail alert with notification  and live about once per day, yet not consistent. My other work email (work associated) is working as it should? Again, thanks for the tips.

0 Likes