cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Google Assistant Not Working and Other Complaints

Google Assistant doesn't respond when I say "OK Google" on my Note 20 Ultra.  What I disappointment!  I understand that Bixby interferes and that Bixby can no longer be completely disabled.  Really ticks me off to pay $1000 for a phone and I can't use my preferred apps on it.  I may return it becauuse of this.

From what I've read, after the last update, Bixby cannot be completely removed

Fingerprint recognition is horrible and it takes several times for the phone to respond and open.  I am just generally unimpressed with the basics compared to my HTC U11 phone.

The phone is generally slow compared to my 3-year-old HTC U11.   If HTC were to come out with a new phone tomorrow, this one would be going back in the box for return.

5 REPLIES 5
Nebula

Re: Google Assistant Not Working and Other Complaints

Google Assistant works perfectly fine on all Samsung phones. You have to enable the OK Google functionality. Not sure whats slow about a phone with the latest Qualcomm chip and 12GB of RAM... but you can try a reset?
Constellation

Re: Re: Google Assistant Not Working and Other Complaints

Not working on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra either. I keep getting a response from the Assistant, "Something went wrong". I uninstalled and reinstalled and didn't fix it.
Astronaut

I'm having similar issues, still hunting for a solution
Astronaut

I keep enabling Google assistance and it just disables itself immediately. I haven't had the Google Assistant work at all since the last update 

can you try this?
setting - search - default - default app - assist app - device assistance app - change to google