Original topic:

Google Duo Notification Mix-up

(Topic created on: 12/20/20 6:46 AM)
Jess04
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I have an unlocked Galaxy Note 20 and a Galaxy Watch 3. When someone calls me on Google Duo, I get the notification on my watch but no longer on my phone. I checked my watch notifications and Google Duo's is turned off.

This has been happening for the last few days. Has anyone else had this issue? What should I do?
11 Replies
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note20
unpair the watch, and start over. could just be a glitch in the initial setup
0 Likes
Jess04
Galaxy
Options
Note20
Did that. Issue still persists. :slightly_frowning_face:
0 Likes
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note20
ok un pair watch. get a call on duo, and see how the notification acts on the phone. we need to narrow down if it's the watch, or the phone causing the issue
0 Likes
Jess04
Galaxy
Options
Note20
Had someone call me. I received a notification that I had a missed call. my phone didn't ring. I went through Duo notification settings and it appears that all of the settings I would care about are turned on.
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note20
more things to try.
1. could be carrier related. turn phone off, pull out SIM. wait 2minutes, put in SIM and restart phone. try the call again.
2. remove duo, reinstall. try again.
0 Likes
Jess04
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I will try that and let you know.

I have also tried restarting my phone into recovery mode and wiped cached partition AND Repairing Apps
0 Likes
Jess04
Galaxy
Options
Note20
Uninstalling the updated and reinstalling them seemed to fix it. thank you. I was trying to see if there were any other solutions before removing and reinstalling the app. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note20
Ok accept as a solution, and you're welcome
0 Likes
Jess04
Galaxy
Options
Note20
New, unrelated issue: when I turned my Bluetooth off to disconnect my watch like you suggested, and I turn it back on Spotify automatically opens.....? :thinking_face:
0 Likes