Original topic:

Green screen

(Topic created: 10-13-2020 09:15 AM)
userFjE35ToXsn
Constellation
Options
Note20

All of sudden out of nowhere my whole phone screen has been turned like this. Sometimes it even starts blinking. No phone drop no water contact nothing happened. It just happened while using my phone.All of sudden out of nowhere my whole phone screen has been turned like this. Sometimes it even starts blinking. No phone drop no water contact nothing happened. It just happened while using my phone.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. Is your device up to date on the software? Have you been able to reset the phone and does the symptom show when the phone is booting up? Have you been able to test the device while in safe mode? You can do so by following these steps.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on the screen

Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode

The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

If you are still experiencing the symptom while in safe mode, I would recommend wiping the cache partition on the device by following these steps.

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby/Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all the keys.
An 'Installing system update' message may show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

Let me know if this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. Is your device up to date on the software? Have you been able to reset the phone and does the symptom show when the phone is booting up? Have you been able to test the device while in safe mode? You can do so by following these steps.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on the screen

Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode

The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

If you are still experiencing the symptom while in safe mode, I would recommend wiping the cache partition on the device by following these steps.

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby/Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all the keys.
An 'Installing system update' message may show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

Let me know if this helps!

0 Likes