JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Group Text not working

(Topic created: 04-27-2021 03:33 PM)
BabeFree
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

When I send a text to 2 or more people, the replies come in from just that individual rather than I'm the group text. I don't want to create a group but sometimes I send a text to 2 or more people. How to fix?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Note20

Id also go into  settings - Search for Apps - apps - messages - storage and clear the Cache from your messages app

Okay in that menu you I would toggle the Group Conversations on and Off then save the settings. Restart your device and then send out a few group messages and see if that  fixes your issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

7 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Note20

Thais happened to me too try this.

Go to Messages app --> 3 dots in corner --> 'Settings' --> 'More settings' --> 'Multimedia messages'

My "Group conversation" toggle was OFF by default! Not sure why. I toggled it back on and it fixed my issue.

BabeFree
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Oddly, on my Note 20 (this is my 4th Note) that option isn't there in the settings.
0 Likes
BabeFree
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
This is toggled.

Screenshot_20210427-182232_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
BabeFree
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
It is already toggled actually. My bad, it's there.
Solution
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Note20

Id also go into  settings - Search for Apps - apps - messages - storage and clear the Cache from your messages app

Okay in that menu you I would toggle the Group Conversations on and Off then save the settings. Restart your device and then send out a few group messages and see if that  fixes your issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

BabeFree
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Done!! Good idea!! 🙂🙂 I worked for Samsung for 3 years and I've carried a Note forever so it's frustrating that this is stumping me!
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Note20

Thats awesome to hear! Ya sometimes its as easy as clearing the Caches of your apps. I am glad I could assist you. If this fixed your issue please make sure to mark as a Solution to help assist others that have the same or similar issues as yourself.