Original topic:

HALF BLACK SCREEN NOTE 20 ULTRA

(Topic created: a month ago)
Kaos718
Constellation
Options
Note20

Good evening. I have had my S20 for a few months now. Last week after charging it, the bottom half of the screen went black. when i put the brightness all the way down to its lowest setting i am able to use it fine. When i put the brightness up it turns black at the bottom half only allowing me to see the upper part (maybe 33% of screen). I used my regular fast charger that the phone came with. My phone is a little cracked but no damage under the cracks. With the brightness low i can see the screen clear with no distortion or black screen interference. Ive rebooted the phone in safe mode, no help. I also rebooted the phone back to its new stage and still the same issue. I must say, the POWER SAVING MODE actually takes away the flicker slighty when i enable it and dark mode. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
Note20
Sounds like when you cracked the screen, it also damaged something internally... better back up everything and do an insurance claim
Kaos718
Constellation
Options
Note20
No I cracked the screen months ago. This issue happen last week after charging it. When I put the brightness low the screen is fine so the cracks didn't affect the screen. I could watch an entire video with no issue on low brightness. I figure it's a power issue. It's flickers until I put the brightness low. I already replaced it with a Z Flip but I wanted to know if I can fix this issue or the phone is trash
0 Likes
Options
Note20
I agree with @Nebula, even though the damage happened months prior, the consequence is showing up now. I had the same thing happen to my NOTE 8. Had a miniscule crack on the bottom left side. TINY! Nothing seemed to be wrong. I noticed some burning on the screen as months and months went on--not enough to make me want to pay $250 to have entire screen removed. Eventually the screen started getting black in the bottom area...I upgraded after having the NOTE 8 for about 5 years , I think, to the NOTE 20 Ultra. Sorry @Kaos718! Back up soon!! Get it in for repair or upgrade, too!