cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

HD Voice missing

I'm on the Verizon network and my Note 20 Ultra is missing the video calling feature that comes with HD voice.  It's not grayed out its missing completely. 

Advanced calling feature missing
HD voice option missing
Video Calling option missing

Is there a Verizon firmware that needs to be
Flashed to get these options? My phone was purchased directly from Samsung
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: HD Voice missing

As far as I know, those features are not included with the regular unlocked version.  I just purchased the N20U (the AT&T version) and I got those options (e.g., WiFi calling & texting + video calling amoung AT&T users only), however I didn't have them on my Note 10+ which was the regular unlocked version.  Anyway, there are at least seven other very good apps that you can use for video calling. you can also burn a new firmware but I personally don't recommend it.

Highlighted
Galaxy

@Airpork wrote:
I'm on the Verizon network and my Note 20 Ultra is missing the video calling feature that comes with HD voice.  It's not grayed out its missing completely. 

Advanced calling feature missing
HD voice option missing
Video Calling option missing

Is there a Verizon firmware that needs to be
Flashed to get these options? My phone was purchased directly from Samsung

You must have bought Unlock N20U, above mentioned features were disable or unavailable for Any unlock Phone.  

Highlighted
Halo

If the phone you purchased is the unlocked, non carrier version, Those features are disabled/blocked by Verizon. I learned about this myself a few years ago when I purchased an unlocked S9+.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I still go with the unlocked phone, but, I wish the cell companies would stop this behavior. They don't do it for iPhone, so, why treat Android different. Europe has a much better approach.
Highlighted
Galaxy

@BanditTA wrote:
I still go with the unlocked phone, but, I wish the cell companies would stop this behavior. They don't do it for iPhone, so, why treat Android different. Europe has a much better approach.

Cell Politics....................

Highlighted
Constellation

Same with us...

We have model # SMG970UZKAVZW

It's a Verizon phone, but still considered "carrier unlocked"?

Strange though, when I first removed it out of the box and turned it on to check it out (before inserting the sim card), we had the WIFI calling button when you pull down the top edge. Later after setting it up, that button was gone too, and its not under phone settings either.

I don't understand why if its a Verizon phone, why we don't have those Android options...