Original topic:

HELP: How do you recover permanently deleted system files??

(Topic created: 07-21-2022 01:19 PM)
froppers
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Yes I know it says permanently deleted but I need some hope here. I lost a lot of really important photos when going through the system files and when I clicked cancel it didn't stop. It deleted all of them. I'm **bleep**ing crying right now so if any of you know what to do I'm begging here please tell me 
6 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@froppers Recovering from your backup is the only solution. 

0 Likes
froppers
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I didn't have my back up set up yet
0 Likes
-Angel-
Astronaut
Options
Note20
The best answer I know try looking at Google Photos hopefully you find your photos!
0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Note20
Follow the steps in the screenshot to recover deleted photos and videos. Once you see the photos, your can select one photo by clicking on it once, or long press on it and then selecting "All" to restore all the photos.
Let me know if this helps. There's a small chance that there may be additional ways to recover if you deleted the photos over 30 days ago. 22072022003654_6234_1658464849.jpg
0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Note20
If this resolved your issue, please mark it as resolved so it closes and archives it for future searches.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Note20

I hate to say it, but permanently deleted means exactly that.  If you were not backing up the data, then it is gone.  I know this is not very helpful, and I wish I had a better answer for you. You might want to think about transferring your images to your computer periodacally as then they are in 2 places so they can be saved.  I personally lost a device by leaving it on a bus, and lost all of my vacation photos because of this, so now I try to get any photos that are important to me onto my computer every now and again.

In the future, think twice before deleting things on your device!

0 Likes