cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Horrible experience with Samsung

I received my Note 20 Ultra on 08/19... and I loved it. But after few days of owning it, I found possible gap around my phone where I am able to insert a piece of paper into the device and for being it brand new, I did not want to risk it and was worried that it wouldn't be water resistant.. So I contacted Samsung for all my options, I was given no option for a replacement/exchange because that option is not available.. but to cancel the entire order and return everything and reorder, which is ridiculous that I'd have to wait for refund to go through and then order again... after god knows how long of that process is (and I had a trade-in phone that was being delivered to Samsung already at this point), so I chose repair.. here's how my journey starts.

I sent my Note 20 Ultra in a package to Samsung on 08/27 and Samsung received it on 09/01.

Samsung started inspecting my Note 20 Ultra. 

Chat Samsung agent on 09/03 to see if there were any updates, since the agent told me the whole process should be done within a week, and agent told me that they found no issues with my phone and it is ready to ship. So I was happy.

09/05 no shipping information, so I checked again and apparently I was given wrong information and that I should wait longer. Because apparently something was wrong with my phone's camera unit and needed to be repaired..

09/06 Parts are not available and I got an email saying it's going to take longer.

09/08, My repair order just switched to "Cancelled" without any informaiton from Samsung. So I contacted Samsung and they said that they are not sure when the parts will become available so exchange was initiated. Told to wait.

09/15 Apparently my exchange was approved, but I never received an email nor any information is updated on my ticket. Telling me to wait 15 BUSINESS DAYS for it to go through.

In between all the chats and calls with Samsung, I have been given wrong information numerous times and supervisors are not doing their job properly and also have told me lies to get off the phone. They have created numerous additional tickets to "make it urgent or bump up the priority, but it has been taking longer and more hassles.

I have not received any ticket notification or an email update regarding the exchange and hearing other people's horrible experience stories, I am not sure if I am going to be getting the exchange within next 1 week..

Samsung really really needs to up their customer service game and keeping customers in the loop.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Horrible experience with Samsung

I feel your pain. Ask someone on twitter in the tech world with a huge following for

assistance in contacting Samsung, hopefully they'll get an answer for you.

Highlighted

I been there with my Note 4, learn my lesson at that time, so in the future I suggest anyone to taking there item to a service center, that authorized to do their repairs you would come out a lot happy and less stress
Asteroid

I would normally say Go straight to as far as you can get to the top. I found the email to the VP of Samsung North America on the Website. for my situation which was just as bad the Administrative Assistant to Mr. VP was only able to give me a $25 e-giftcard and apologize for the inconvenience. they would only replace my buds if found defective for the 2nd time. didn't want to deal with waiting a lifetime. I found a way to return them to the store I bought them at several months before after explaining and giving them proof of the ordeal. maybe they'll make it right or at least give you a decent offer of something. Follow your Gut.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Onui That's a very terrible expereinced i wish i have control on my end to rush the process of the repair. If you just received your phone I think samsung has a policy to return the phone for refund within 14 days of receiving it I know this because I did that before rather than repair, samsung offers me to refund and buy new one. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I know what you mean when you talk about their horrendous customer service.

I just bought a Note 20 Ultra from Samsung.com because I wanted more memory.  I received it 2 days ago.  I took it to my local cell phone carrier to swap out the sim cards and start using my new phone.  Took Sim card out of old phone no problem.  Tried to take the Sim Card Tray out of the new  phone i couldnt.  My new phone hasnt been out of the box for more than 5 minutes and hasnt even been turned on yet.

I left disapointed from the phone store but thought that Samsung would make things right, but boy was i in for a rude awakening when i got home.

I wasted 2-3 hours with Online Support and Phone-in Customer Service only to find out that I can either get my brand new phone repaired or they would be more than happy to patch me over to Technical Support.  Appearently Samsung is happy selling you a broken phone for around $1500 and letting you deal with it.

Good luck on your repairs, I am returning this thing and taking my money to a company who stands behind their product.

Highlighted

How were you trying to open the tray?  Did you use the included tool, or a paperclip?  Are you sure you pushed hard enough?

Highlighted

Forgot to mention, there is a little plactic film on the top and bottop of the device that COULD also prevent the sim tray from ejecting.  This is scratch protection for initial shipping and can be removed/discarded

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung

Edit: Solved!

Highlighted

This is how the phone was designed.  EVERYONE with a note 20 ultra has this, and the phone is still water resistant.