(Topic created on: 4/29/21 12:42 AM)
Options
Note20
Toggling mobile hotspot not shows a dialog stating:
"Please wait while verifying..."
A moment later ->
"Mobile hotspot not available"
"Your plan doesn't support mobile tethering."

As if my new device wasnt already lacking features, i get hit with One Ui 3 which is obviously half-baked. I patiently wait and consider that perhaps it is I not seeing the benefits of this newer os....nope.
Whatever, life goes on. Today, i needed to use my hotspot. Turns out...it was disabled, without notice.
What worked wonders for me in the past, is now gone. Poof. "Please pay us more to re-enable it."
-_-

This is. The last time. That i EVER buy a Samsung device as my daily driver. I stopped recommending them with One Ui 3 and today i cannot wait to trade it in for a cheaper, less powerful Pixel device but is at least running vanilla Android.

So disappointing and if i only had the bank for it, id sue ATT for even thinking they could pull this over.
Why complain towards Samsung? Cause they assisted enforcing such bs with an ota config update.

Shame on you both. Shame on me for thinking i actually needed to stay with Samsung due to the SPen.

Thank you for making my life more difficult.

Device: ATT Wireless (Note 20 Ultra, Factory Unlocked on 5G network).
4 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@userEbUqWdy9LS 

I also have an unlocked Note 20 Ultra 5G on AT&T.

Have you confirmed that your plan at AT&T includes mobile hotspot? Also be aware that some AT&T plans only provided a certain amount of hotspot data per month. 

Have you tried resetting the Network settings?

Have you tried wiping the device cache partition? 

0 Likes
Bambilove65
Astronaut
Options
Note20
What Samsung would be a better fit for me? I need alpt of storage
0 Likes
Bambilove65
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Ihave another provider Consumer Celliar