Original topic:

How do I group notifications from the same app

(Topic created on: 11/30/20 8:04 AM)
JeffGaiche
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hi all,

I thought this would be a simple setting, but I haven't been able to find it.  I just upgraded from a Note 9 to the Note 20 Ultra.   On my Note 9 (Android 10 One UI V2.5), when, for example, I receive multiple messages on Facebook Messenger, I see a single notification in the status bar and on the lock screen.    On my note 20, for each individual chat, a separate notification icon is displayed which takes up a lot of space and is annoying.   I can't figure out how to change this behavior so  that Messenger, for example, at most displays 1 notification icon.  The Note 20 also has Android 10 and One UI V2.5.     Can anyone tell me how to get this grouping behavior on the new phone.   I've spent a good amount of time trying to research this, but I've failed miserably to find a solution.

Thank you ! -- Jeff Gaiche

4 Replies
JBeat
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I was using one plus before my S21 Ultra. it would be nice to be able to group all the notification from one application in one bar
user6o80AT1bGL
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Yep, same.

I came from oneplus 6 to S21 Ultra, and even that grouped notifications from same app awesomely.

0 Likes
useriPGkCKyrEe
Constellation
Options
Note20
any updates in this??? this is basic stuff. who wants to see so many icons of the same app on your notification bar?
userDIQB4iTrCy
Constellation
Options
Note20

Seriously, I have experiencing the same issue. I just switched from an iPhone and always read Android does notifications better. Not in this case. Was this something that changed in the latest android os?  This is basic and a bit of a bummer this is current case. Thank you. 

0 Likes