Original topic:

How do I stop this from happening?

(Topic created: 12-01-2021 04:48 AM)
I-Dubb_1978
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue on their Note 20 Ultra. IKR tired searching for this in the apps section, but I have not been able to find it. It's been popping up periodically, and I just want to correct what ever is causing the issue. Hopefully it'll stop after getting the next system update. 

0 Likes
10 Replies
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
Wipe cache partition
0 Likes
I-Dubb_1978
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Tired that numerous times. Searched for that specific app in the apps settings section under hidden and show all. Still didn't pop up.
0 Likes
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Note20
To find that app, you have to enable the Show System Apps toggle.
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
Which Android are you running?

I ask because my wife has an S21 Unlocked and I have an Ultra Unlocked, both running Android 12 UI 4, and neither of us show that app, though it may be a low level app that doesn't show in System Apps.
0 Likes
I-Dubb_1978
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Did that also. That app doesn't appear in the list.
0 Likes
Fordco01
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Try clearing Storage and Cache of the Google Play app itself; that worked for me. Other possible troubleshooting steps here: https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-google-play-services-battery-drain-android/

There are also previous threads suggesting the issue may occur when connecting the phone to a Chromebook and enabling advanced functionality.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note20/com-google-android-gms-persistent-takes-25-to-45-of-CPU/m...

Not sure how to resolve that particular issue, but it's a path to explore if you have a Chromebook.
0 Likes
I-Dubb_1978
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I appreciate it. I'll try some of these options out.
Fordco01
Asteroid
Options
Note20
No problem, hope you find a solution! If anything works, maybe try updating this post with what you tried so others with the same issue can reference back.
0 Likes
I-Dubb_1978
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I'll make sure to do that. Thanks to everyone for the help.