JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to assign a ringtone to a contact

(Topic created: 01-13-2021 04:32 PM)
MissDallas
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I received my new AT&T Branded Note 20 a few days ago (I'm comming from a Note 3), and this phone doesn't have a "Ringtone" option in any of my Contacts.  I have clicked on the "View More" in the Edit Contact mode, and the ONLY (sort of related) option is "Vibration Pattern".

I have run all updates on the phone (Android, Google and Samsung), it is using Android 11 and says the software is up-to-date.  I have tried editing a few contacts and even adding new ones to see if the ringtone option would show up, and it does not.

Am I missing something??  My entire family has Samsung phones and this is the 1st phone with this issue.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
20 Replies
Northlandish
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Yeah, always nice when you can get to actually use your insanely overpriced Samsung smartphone the way you prefer. 🙂

Unfortunately, when I looked into your issue, I discovered an issue on my own Note 20 Ultra, which is a bit nastier:

When you go to Settings and then tap Sounds and vibration, the Settings app simply crashes! Just great!

What seems to be a side-effect of this issue is that now there's also no ringtone audio on incoming calls, only the vibration pattern tells me that I'm receiving a call! Just brilliant!

So no putting the phone down on soft surfaces that mute/absorb the humming sound of my current vibration pattern. What a blast to be the lucy (and now poor?) owner of a "premium" Samsung smartphone...

So, now I'll go hunting for a solution/workaround to this system critical issue <sigh>... 😞

0 Likes