JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to open status screen when my phone is locked or closed?

(Topic created: 06-11-2022 09:13 AM)
userG9YVJyrWDa
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I get a screen sometimes when my phone is locked or closed. I can't for the life of me find out how to open. It has messages. NO MUSIC PLAYING...number of messages. Some misc others. It has the < at the bottom to close. Can anyone tell me how to open it?? Like I said I hit something accidently to open it. Otherwise I never see it. Ever?

Thank you!
9 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
Are you talking about the Always On screen?

Type 'always on' in Settings search.
0 Likes
userG9YVJyrWDa
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thanks Dan. I have Always ON turned on. This is some sort of other info screen. I will check though. Like I said every once in a while I'll grab phone and this screen comes on. I cannot for the life me reproduce it though.
0 Likes
--MzMariaJ
Halo
Options
Note20
Are you talking about the accidental touch lock? It comes across the bottom of the screen? And you have to slide it to the right or left to unlock it? That's in the settings as well. It's to help from accidentally opening apps when your phone is in your pocket or purse
0 Likes
userG9YVJyrWDa
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I mean it could be I don't know. How can I trigger it?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note20
Hit the clock
0 Likes
userG9YVJyrWDa
Asteroid
Options
Note20
That is it! But what exactly is it? Has clock with seconds, alarms, music player and voice recorder? Are these things configurable?
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Note20
They are widgets (shortcuts). When your press your clock, on the bottom, it should say Settings. There you can select which widgets you want.
userG9YVJyrWDa
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Ok. I do use widgets but never figured this one out, lol. Thanks again everyone!!
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Thank you so much for sharing!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.