Original topic:

How to stop phone randomly restarting

(Topic created: 08-09-2022 05:36 AM)
Renzari
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Only thing I haven't done yet is factory reset, but I shouldn't have to do that.... Does anyone know how to solve this?
4 Replies
RobXbalboa
Comet
Options
Note20
You need to clear the cache on the phone and reboot. It's done by tur ING the phone off .. the. Hold power on and volume up. When you see the android symbol let go of the buttons.
From there use volume down to get to CLEAR CACHE. select it with the power button then again select yes.
Now volume down to reboot system and it should be good. Mark this answer as solution if it works for you. So it can help others thanks
0 Likes
Renzari
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I've done this, didn't help.
RobXbalboa
Comet
Options
Note20
Factory reset time. Do you have a old backup in smart switch? If you do you can reset and restore the backup
0 Likes
Options
Note20
You may have received a notification from Facebook Messenger that it is not properly coded for Android 12. That - in addition to a May22 security update from Samsung - has caused that messenger app to behave in a rogue manner. FBM was doing something in the background it's not normally supposed to and since the security update fixed the issue and FBM is still not properly updated, the OS stops FBM from its previous operation and restarts the OS to protect from unauthorized access.

Long story short, uninstall FB Messenger to stop the reboots.SmartSelect_20220816-054603_Samsung Members_14829_1660653963.jpg
0 Likes