JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to take time lapse photos, not video

(Topic created: 04-14-2021 08:55 AM)
MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I found how to make a hyperlapse video. I don't want to make a video, I want to record photos taken at a regular interval. I currently do this with my GoPro, but I'd like to use the higher resolution camera of my Note 20 Ultra 5G. With my GoPro I can record photos at the full resolution at intervals from 0.5 seconds to 60 minutes.

Can I do that on the Note 20 Ultra?

I know I can record a 4K or 8K video and grab an individual frame as a photo, but at 4K it's only an 8 megapixel photo. At 8K, the video files get too large, so I cannot record for very long.

0 Likes
6 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Note20

If you long hold the camera button it will take a frame by frame series of photos till you let go of the button. The photos will be grouped together in your gallery to view aswell.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

That's not practical for what I am trying to do. I might want to take a photo every 5 seconds for 30 minutes or take a photo every 2 minutes for several hours.

Solution
Prem
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Install Intervalometer
MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Thanks! That app was exactly what I needed. It took a little while to figure out how to grant the accessibility permission with Android 11 One UI 3.1, but once I had the right permissions I was able to set it up to trigger the shutter on the standard camera app at set intervals.

I like that I retain all the advanced features of the standard camera app and just use this app to trigger the shutter at timed intervals.

0 Likes
Prem
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Sure, np. Enjoy!
0 Likes
user8IoGvxu4YB
Constellation
Options
Note20
.0 [so