cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

I feel like Note phones has strayed away from battery capacity.

I used to be a note user. I had the Note 4 for approximately 2 years and of the 3 phones I had my entire life, the note 4 was my favorite. However, there's a reason why I'm not a note user at the moment. I just feel as though that the modern note phone has strayed away from its main principles- referring to the battery capacity. Though I've heard that it's ok, that shouldn't be the standard for a note. It wasn't then. Sure, the phone might have the best display full-stop, the top processor, and the most useful gadget I ever saw implemented. That, however, wouldn't matter if I prevent myself from using such features just to save some battery. The Note is an amazing phone, but I think it could be better and I wouldn't mind it being an even bigger phone if need be to provide a complete package; besides, the note was never meant to be average sized. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sun

Re: I feel like Note phones has strayed away from battery capacity.

Agreed I wouldn't mind it being a little thicker to accommodate a 5000mah battery, Head phone jack and IR Blaster.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userR0GUKzHLOc 

If you wait too long you might not get a chance to get a Note again. The way things are looking, it's very possible that Samsung will just merge Note and S lines, and maybe make future Fold models an ultra expensive Note replacement too. Honestly, the battery life is perfectly fine. I took mine off the charger at 7 AM and it's now 11:15 PM, and I still have 65% left. On some very heavy usage days, like when on vacation taking pictures, recording videos, using navigation and just generally being out and about all day, the lowest I got it to was around 30%, and that was late at night. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Sun

I've read about the merging of the S line and Note series. That would be an interesting phone a powerhouse perhaps. I can't wait for the day when I truly don't need a PC, except there is no getting around the larger display a PC has to offer. Samsung Dex going wireless looks promising I hope they continue to build on it.

Highlighted
Constellation

I see what you're saying and your observation is well within reason, but the thing is I think (more importantly I hope) Samsung will start noticing that the competition is catching up in what used to differentiate the Note from the rest and that they'll start making better Note phones. In addition, my usage of my phone includes all that you brought up, but it also extends to really heavy gaming, multitasking, and a bit of light photo editing. Sure I might be using my phone a bit heavier than most, but the note was meant for that. For that reason, in addition to how both models are priced, are the reasons why I'm not considering the Note 20. If it won't get cheaper, then it better justify its price the next time.