Original topic:

Is it possible to receive a notification when a Galaxy smart tag + is out of range?

(Topic created: 04-12-2022 05:53 AM)
DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Note20

Hey guys, is it possible to set up a routing or notification that is like: when smart tag + is out of range, send notification? To get alerted when something is forgotten?

Thank you in advance
11 Replies
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
This would most likely be accomplished with Bixby routines. Under the if category I can see that you can select a Bluetooth device which I believe would be the smart tag and under the then category you could select a notification. I don't have my smart tag on me at the moment but let me know if this works for you

0 Likes
DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Note20
That's the right idea but I don't think smart tags show up as paired Bluetooth devices
0 Likes
Options
Note20
Learn more I would like 2 Know ii
0 Likes
JLA781
Halo
Options
Note20
Ok so I've had my smart tags for about a week now and  I don't seem to receive a notification when I move away from my tag. My assumption was my phone would notify my when I moved away  from the tag. Like when I move out of range of my phone, my Samsung Galaxy watch 4 vibrates. But I receive no such notification anywhere...am I missing something??
NukeLife
Comet
Options
Note20
See if you have Smarthing in a deep sleep, also make sure notifications are turned on under apps. Let me know if that helps. Otherwise we will do some other troubleshooting.
0 Likes
JLA781
Halo
Options
Note20
Notifications are on and smart things is not in deep sleep list
0 Likes
NukeLife
Comet
Options
Note20
Under your "battery and device care" settings, there is an option for deep sleeping apps. Check to make sure that app isn't in a deep sleep.
0 Likes
NukeLife
Comet
Options
Note20
Let me know if that helps.
0 Likes
JLA781
Halo
Options
Note20
Hi I did check, it is NOT under deep sleep =/...
0 Likes