JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is the Galaxy Note 10 S Pen compatible with the Galaxy Note 20?

(Topic created: 11-14-2020 02:10 AM)
user5DDvnjyRID
Constellation
Options
Note20
Is note 20 s pen compatible with note 10 plus and note 10 plus s pen with note 20 in terms of physical and technical aspects as to air gestures features etc. ? In other words can I use note 20 s pen with my note 10?

Another question is that if I store second s pen for months, for a long time away from phone, not using it, keeping is as backup for the given s pen with my phone does it get harm since it has battery inside it as far as I know. Does it become useless, battery dies?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Options
Note20
Hi,

The cool thing about Samsung's S-Pens is they all work on Note devices. Yes you can use your Note 10 S-Pen with your Note 20. There's two ways to do it. If you remove your Note 20 S-Pen you can immediately use your Note 10 S-Pen. If you go into the Advanced Features and then S-Pen, there is an option to enable multiple S-Pens. This will allow you to use another S-Pen while your Note 20 S-Pen is still inside the device. As far as the Air Gestures, you would have to insert the Note 10 S-Pen into your Note 20 so that it can connect and pair via bluetooth.

If you leave an S-Pen uncharged, it will still write on your device. The battery is only for bluetooth functions.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button by pressing the three dots on the comment.
user5DDvnjyRID
Constellation
Options
Note20

Thanks for information.

You said   

"If you leave an S-Pen uncharged, it will still write on your device. The battery is only for bluetooth functions."

If I left it uncharged does the battery die inside the pen, in other words become useless anymore and needs to replaced?

0 Likes
Options
Note20
The battery will die in the sense of draining to 0%. It won't be useless and need to be replaced. All you'll have to do is insert it into your Note device and it will recharge itself.
0 Likes