JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is there another way to restart the phone, other than pressing volume and start button?

(Topic created: 02-16-2022 04:03 PM)
userelMqcedwuc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Is there another way to restart the phone, other than pressing volume and start button? It lowers the volume or opens Bixby - which I cannot delete - it says to hold both buttons for more than 7 (?) seconds - but I can't get the function to work, without changing the volume multiple times, or getting Bixby multiple times - it takes a good minute or linger to finally get the restart function to show.

Most annoying - not a happy camper with all the issues the last update created.
19 Replies
userelMqcedwuc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Yay, I see it now - first picture. Going to the 2nd, I haven't seen that screen, though I did locate "side button"; I'll remember the name from now on.

I find side key, and first option is advanced; I don't see the screen your showing.
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note20
Do a search for Side Key in settings, click on the results ...see screen shot, then click on Side Key as shown in second screen shot. You should see the screen shot I showed earlier. Screenshot_20220216-165907_Settings Suggestions.jpgScreenshot_20220216-165918_Settings.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note20
As @user751201tmO21 stated before me...sorry for the repetition...
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
hey, you provided a second option to shutdown 🙂
userelMqcedwuc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Oh...my...gosh...I FINALLY found it! Thank y'all VERY MUCH! 😁😁😁
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
Another easy way to find a setting, if you know what you're looking for

Open Settings app

Tap Search icon upper right

In this example, you could type
key

... or
Side

and scroll through the search list
userelMqcedwuc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
My issue was that I didn't know what to call the side button, so I was finding everything else but how to access "that" button 🙄 my brains been frazzled with the multiple issues created with the last update/not the one that just came out, and trying to make things work properly again. I had had my phone set up where it was power off on side button, but the settings got changed 🙄 I couldn't remember how I'd found the setting in the first place...duh, user error; I hate when you can't find things anymore after updates. Thanks for the assist.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Note20
Pull down notification menu until you see the time, top right search is 1st icon, 2nd is restart and power off menu.
0 Likes
userelMqcedwuc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Thanks to y'all, I now know 2 ways to get to the power off/restart screen. You totally made my day and week!! 😊
Sparethread2457
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
There's a button when you pull down the notification page down and you'll see a power button on the top and push that and you'll get three options to choose.
0 Likes