Original topic:

Is this a feature? Landscape task switching gestures.

(Topic created on: 3/18/21 7:29 PM)
CanJanosh9
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hey all,

I just wanted to know if this is supposed to be a feature or not.

So I've got the note 20 ultra, and have got navigation gestures on (the one were the swiping up from the middle is home, up from the left is recent apps and up from the right is back).

When you're in landscape mode, if you swipe along where the navigation bar would be, it switches the app (as shown in the attached .gif), but as soon as it's in portrait mode, it doesn't do anything, only the regular gestures work. The regular gestures work in landscape mode, but the app switching one only works on landscape mode.

So my question is, is this supposed to happen or not? Because I can't find anything about it online or in the phone settings and want it on portrait mode as it is quite useful.

Side note, I do have Good Lock but I haven't gotten NavStar installed with it and Task Changer still hasn't been updated (by Samsung) so it can't open it. I am using a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (SM-N986B/DS) running on One UI 3.1)

Screen_Recording_20210319-021117_Firefox_1.gif

11 Replies
Options
Note20
it works for me on landscape and portrait
0 Likes
CanJanosh9
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Oh okay then, I guess my one is weird for not being able to do it in portrait :thinking_face:. Do you have any idea why it wouldn't be working? :grinning_face_with_sweat:

0 Likes
Options
Note20
I don't know it works by default for me
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@CanJanosh9  "Side note, I do have Good Lock but I haven't gotten NavStar installed with it and Task Changer still hasn't been updated (by Samsung) so it can't open it."

FYI, install the Good Lock module "Home Up". From inside "Home Up" you can open Task Changer. 

CanJanosh9
Asteroid
Options
Note20

The amount of times I’ve tried to reply to this but this website is just annoying, sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for letting me know about Home Up. It has the Task changer and the gestures I was talking about, but they don’t work.

Nothing within the Task changer unit works for me, which is weird as the Social manager works fine.

So i’ve tired to customise my task changer but it still sticks to the default one.

With the gestures, the toggle does nothing. I can still only swipe the bottom in landscape mode. I have found that the only way to get it to work in portrait mode is to activate the gesture hints which I don’t want. 1) I don’t like how it looks and how much space it takes up and 2) I’d rather them not be there because I don’t want the screen to get screenburn.

I have tired force closing the app, clearing it’s cache and data and even re-installed it, but nothing I did got it to work, I guess Samsung need to update the app for it to work on my phone.

Thanks for telling me about Home Up @LongHiker.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@CanJanosh9 

I would try deleting the device cache partition on your Note 20. 

It is working just fine on my Note 20 Ultra with the latest SW updates. 

0 Likes
CanJanosh9
Asteroid
Options
Note20

@LongHiker for some reason, my phone isn’t letting me access that menu.

You access it by holding the power button and the vol up button when the phone is off, right?

When I press it, after the boot screen, it just vibrates and shows the Samsung logo then just starts the phone like normal. When it’s booted up, a small message comes up on screen that says this:

——————————

[PDP]

back-up : fail

setup-wizard [ FINISH ]

——————————

When i do that with vol down, it shows the boot screen and then does a force shutdown and starts back up again and that goes on a loop until i let go and then it boots like normal.

Sorry if I’m not explaining it well.

My phone is currently on version: N986BXXS1DUC1 / N986BOXM1DUB7 / N986BXXU1DUB5.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@CanJanosh9 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
CanJanosh9
Asteroid
Options
Note20

@LongHiker 

Yeah that doesn’t work right now. I’ve done that but my phone just boots up like normal and comes up with the message that I told you about already (I’ve attached a picture that I took of it just as it booted up).

I know it used to work as I’ve done it a few times before, but I don’t know what’s going on right now.

8257FBDD-1B47-4BF7-9F7E-4C063FD4BF7B.jpeg

0 Likes