After the recent update, phone has been occasionally flickering. The issue wasn't severe at first, but now the whole screen just flickers constantly and the screen goes black. The phone has no cracks or screen damage neither did I put it close to any water. This suddenly started happening today and ever since I can't seem to properly use it-
any help or tips would be appreciated, Thank you.
Thank you for touching base. Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.