Original topic:

Issues with text messaging after latest software update.

(Topic created on: 6/5/21 3:55 PM)
Syrahoo
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Issues sending/receiving text messages after the latest software update. The "forced" update on my Note 20 Ultra yesterday has left me unable to send or receive messages. As soon as I hit send the gray box indicating the message cannot be sent at this time pops up. I've tried restarting my phone multiple times and confirmed my connection is good. I have attempted both with and without WiFi enabled but the result is the same. 

Anyone else experiencing this and/or have suggestions on a fix?
5 Replies
Options
Note20
Have you tried a partition cache clear? I do this after every OS and security update to clear out the software bugs. Here are the steps:
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note20-ultra-5g/wipe-cache/
usermFW8S6PuIy
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Yes. Ever since the may 7th update. I've spent 20+ hours trying to fix. Still not getting or sending group messages or anything with a pic. Is it my phone or Verizon or the app????
0 Likes
Options
Note20
Looks like you've done all the troubleshooting you can at your end short of a factory reset. You might want to go ahead and have it looked at your carrier's store or a Samsung authorized repair center. Its been under a year since these devices came out so you should be able to repair/replace under warranty if they can't resolve the issue.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

what carrier are you using?

often these issues are carrier related

If you don't have time or the desire to go to the physical stores/centers, you could also try submitting issue report using Samsung Members app. It 'might' be able to detect what the issue is as it collects log from your phone regarding the issue.

0 Likes
FTS
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I was able to get my carrier to help. They have to update your connection. I had to stop using Google messages and use Samsung messages instead to send SMS. I still can't send MMS messages. They said I just had to call back one more time to update the wifi and restart after all the other items were updated.

After 5 calls with tech support I got tired of trying to make it work, because I wasted 90% of my day off dealing with this and I had **bleep** to do.
0 Likes