Original topic:

Light bleed camera cutout

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 09:07 AM)
user4izgFeDk0j
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hi N20U user here,

Few month back I started noticing light bleed around my front camera cutout. I didn't think too much about it since my phone is covered under a warranty and I generally had a good experience with Samsung service center in Maywood nj with repairs both warranty and non warranty. 

I noticed it was getting worse and figured it was a time for a repair since warranty expires on November. I made an appointment and they refused to repair my phone under a warranty and claimed it was a software issue. Asked me to leave the phone for software diagnostic. When it is clearly a hardware issue. Such a shame because I always had good experience with Samsung honoring their warranty. 

Can anyone suggest what I can do to repair this under a warranty? I also have a case number in case anyone from support reaches out. 

Photo isn't mine but it shows same exact issue. 

Thank you. 

Screenshot_20210803-085008_Reddit.jpg

0 Likes
5 Replies
Zam_new
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Always happen when you put the screen on high it will burn the screen
0 Likes
user4izgFeDk0j
Astronaut
Options
Note20
You clearly don't know what burn-in is. Burn in is caused by a static image. This is a light bleed. I've been using oled samsung phone for more than 10 years. I know how to take care of Oled screens. Thanks.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
Have you considered using the Samsung authorized alternative UBreakIfix?
0 Likes
user4izgFeDk0j
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I guess that's an option. I wish samsung would step up and do what they are supposed to do and honor their warranty but if not I'll try ubreakifix. Samsung is about to lose a loyal customer
0 Likes
Rskyline
Galaxy
Options
Note20
After you got the "software" checked, didn't they noticed that it wasn't that and they offered another option to you?
0 Likes