cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Low Battery Capacity

So, just recently bought the Ultra. First impressions were great, and needless to say I was excited to get to using it. That is, until I noticed how quickly the battery died.. Now I don't want to be overly dramatic, because the battery life was not completely dismall, however I decided to download Accubattery and try to get an assessment of how it was performing. If you unaware what Accubattery does, it is basically an app that monitors individual app power usage. I cannot really speak to the accuracty of the app's ability to do this, however the app also includes a function to measure the total ammount of power going into the battery itself. The number it gives me: 4120 mAh is much lower than the advertised 4500. In fact, it is lower than the advertised battery capacity of the base model Note 20! 

Like many of you, I happened to trade in a phone, a note 10 +, when I bought this one. Here's where the story gets extra fun.. After talking with Samsung, they notified me that they are unable to replace the phone, but would be able to offer me a refund.. minus the $650 that they gave me for trading in my note 10+, oh, and I don't get my old phone back of course. 

Now, is a battery degredation of ~10% really that big of a deal? Well, for a brand new phone, one that retails for $1300, I would have to say "yes." 

So my only option at this point is to try to have it repaired at an authorized samsung repair center, which for me they told me could take anywhere from 3-5 days. Including a full 24 hours of battery stress testing, which may or may not actually result in the repair of my device. I'm not sure how I am supposed to go without a phone for 3-5 days, especially since my last phone is currently in Samsungs clutches as well. 

End rant. Has anyone else had an issue like this? Honestly I am really questioning Samsung's customer support as a whole at this point; maybe its time to give Apple another go, because at least if i ever ran into a problem like this with an iPhone, you know without a shadow of a doubt they would have me on a brand new device that very same day..

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Low Battery Capacity

Same boat as you brother I have the Note 20 Ultra on Tmobile. Downloaded Accubattery and it says I have 4187 mAH. My battery life is pretty bad at times 4-4:30min of screen on time. I run at adaptive 120hz and adaptive brightness. Optimized power setting and I put every app to sleep. I love this phone to pieces but battery life spoils the whole experience for me :/.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

yup... the battery is horrible. note 10+ had way better battery life. I could go 24+ hours without charging my phone which included daily streaming of some kind.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I am very disappointed in the battery on my Note 20 Ultra!

I have called Samsung and get absolutely no where with them...... I left Apple to try Samsung and I have to say Apple's Customer service is far better! Anytime I had an issue (which was very little) they had me into a new device no problem! I am seriously considering going back to Apple. For now I will give Samsung a little more time in hopes that things improve......