JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Mirror Note20 Ultra to AR Glasses via USB-C?

(Topic created: 04-11-2021 05:50 AM)
mfidelman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Hi,

I'm trying to mirror my new Note20 screen to a set of Epson Moverio BT-35e goggles.

I THOUGHT this should be straightforward over a USB-C cable, but the connection occurs only sometimes, and I get "no signal" on the glasses.  Which leads to two questions:

1.  Does the Note 20 Ultra 5G support Display Port Alternate Mode, or Not?

2.  If yes, where do I find the settings to enable mirroring?  I can't see to find them in any of the obvious places - in either the regular settings, or developer settings.

Thanks much,

Miles Fidelman

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mfidelman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Solution Found:  Turns out that it's pretty hard to find a USB-C cable that carries all the signals.  Had to go to a Microcenter, and purchase the $15 USB-C 3.1 Gen. 2. cable - in the clearly marked package.  Most of the cables, sold over the net, don't give full specs.

With the right cable, things work like a charm (well, modulo getting some software configured properly).

View solution in context

3 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Note20

You can locate the screen mirroring mode by ...

1. Swipe down from the top of your Android device to reveal the Quick Settings panel.
2. Look for and select a button labeled Screen cast.
3. A list of Chromecast devices on your network will show up. ...
4. Stop casting your screen by following the same steps and selecting Disconnect when prompted.

Although this is for TV mirroring form what I've gathered you may not be able to mirror through Display Port Alternate Mode with the device that you are currently using.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

mfidelman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Um... a tethered device, over a USB-C cable is NOT a Chromecast device (or a wireless one).

0 Likes
Solution
mfidelman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Solution Found:  Turns out that it's pretty hard to find a USB-C cable that carries all the signals.  Had to go to a Microcenter, and purchase the $15 USB-C 3.1 Gen. 2. cable - in the clearly marked package.  Most of the cables, sold over the net, don't give full specs.

With the right cable, things work like a charm (well, modulo getting some software configured properly).